LG 65LB5200 is a mid tier LED TV that has a lot to offer in terms of picture quality as it combines the inbuilt streaming services and full HD picture quality. The key feature of LG 65LB5200 that enhances its picture quality is local dimming which helps to optimize image contrast. This model uses Triple XD image processing engine, which is well known as TruBlack Control to enhance color and production of natural images. The colors remain vibrant and very natural thus generating brilliant images. In addition, this LED TV employs its quality of High Dynamic Range dispensation to render both the dark and light parts of an image.
- This model has screen measurements of 54.5/8″ measured diagonally (from one corner to the other) to optimize viewing in large rooms.
- The IPS Panel improves its side viewing angles giving a wider view, clearer images, and consistent pictures. Basically, you realize a contrast drop of about forty-five (45) degrees off the center mark.
- To facilitate simple wall mounting, it has a VESA compliant, which is 400mm x 400mm. However, it also has a stand that allows stable placement.
- WebOS allows you to customize the home screen on your TV to easily access and switch the applications you mostly use. It also helps you to search for new content to watch from web and content providers. With the help of webOS, you are able to pick up where you paused on your most recent applications.
- The 3D technology, which includes two pairs of 3D glasses, allows it to deliver spectacular visuals for new dimensions of entertainment.
- The 2.1 speaker system with inbuilt sub-woofers has Sound Sync technology and 24W output power creating immersive and dynamic sound.
- This TV incorporates the MCI 960 technology that helps reduce distortion on fast moving pictures therefore giving clarity for sharp images especially in video games and sports.
- The LED back-lighting along with micro-pixel control, resolution upscaler, Triple XD engine, and TruBlack control produce amazing clarity, brightness, and color details to the images taken.
- Inbuilt Ethernet port allows you to connect your LED TV to the network at home.
- Its 1080p display gives highly detailed images and is ideal for any content that is 1080p supported.
- Its inputs include – one shared component on the rear, three HDMI on the side, one RS-232 mini jack at the back, and one RF antenna at its rear side.
- Its outputs include the following: – one digital optical audio on its rear.
- It contains three USB 2.0 ports that allow you to simply display any files that have been stored in JPEG format on the TV. Additionally, it supports firmware upgrades.
- The Magic Remote allows you to scroll, point, click, and even speak into it to quickly locate exactly what you want.
- Connectivity: – It has inbuilt WIFI that allows it to connect to the internet with ease.
- IPS panel brings improves the overall quality of the images.
- Its side angle viewing has been improved as compared to the other models produced over the previous years.
- The inbuilt speakers produce quality sound.
- Highly adjustable image settings make it feasible to acquire perfect calibration
- Cinema Screen design give an almost frame-less image with thin half-inch of black transversely at the bottom and dark silver sides.
- The back-lighting enhances dark shadow detail and light-flow through
- The magic remote is a perfect accessory to come with this TV model.
- It has a low input lag for the gamers
- When in gaming image settings, it tends to produce pictures that are slightly in motion blur.
- A majority of the free games and applications are not worth much attention
- Camera for Finger Gestures and Skype is an additional purchase
In conclusion, the new WebOS-powered smart TV platform, IPS panel, and solid sound quality make an attractive package. However, its drawbacks are not a hindrance to those who are looking for a great sports and movie TV.